You can help reduce Anxiety for both you and your dog by learning these easy Doggie Massage Tips:
- Play some soft music to help you and your dog relax and clear away any anxiety. It is always best to begin in a calm and submissive state. Also, going for a nice long walk is always good before you begin.
- Begin your massage with gentle petting starting at the face and head moving down the back. Talk softly to your dog, sweet words to help him or her relax.
- Massage your pet’s neck with small circular motions with gentle pressure.
- Next massaging downward towards your dog’s shoulders and armpits. This is a special area because dogs can’t reach this area, so they really enjoy it!
- Then move to the chest and front legs, some dogs do not like their legs massaged so if that is the case move on to the paws. Some dogs have a kick reflex so start slowly.
- Next massage your dogs back and spine using circular motions going up and down the area. Massage both sides.
- Gently move down the back to the hind legs and tail area. When you are done with the tail your dog should be completely relaxed and stress-free!
- A daily massage is a great way to get to know your dog more intimately and also watch for any strange lump or health conditions.